Am I the only one who likes playing with fire?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mas8394

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, I couldn't find an Introduction spot sooo...
The Name is Marcus.
I'm new to these forums, so what better way is there to introduce myself rather than finding those similar to me!
I own 3 tanks. 2 20g's and a 45g. Although I'm trying to sell my 20 gallons to make room and money for a 55g I'm "adopting".

Both 20 gallons are technically empty, one is there in case any of my fish decide to pop babies (Only used it once), and the other is there incase any of my fish are incompatible in my 45 gallon.

Before my current set up, I had a betta community. 1 male, 9 females, 4 black neon tetra, and 1 otocinclus inside a 20g. This lasted roughly 2 years until one day I woke up and 1 male and 7 females were floating dead, no signs of fighting. I eventually gave the 2 females away and bought a 45 Gallon tank.

In my 45 Gallon resides a Rainbow shark, an Opaline Gourami (there was 2, but one recently died) and an Angelfish. They've been together since they were "babies" and are very passive with each other 6 months in. The rainbow shark doesn't even mind when other fish visit her cave, as long as they don't stay there too long.
There are also 3 Otocinclus, 4 Black Neon Tetra (They are all about 3 years olds, the oldest fish in the tank) and roughly 20 Zebra Danios (They are about 1-2 years old, the second oldest)... I started out with 4 Danios, 3 females 1 male, and the horny buggers made 20. Didn't even care for the babies, they just survived. Lately I've decided to add Blue Rams to the community, but they keep killing each other off within the first day or two. I'm just waiting for a male and female to pair and to send the rest back to Petco.

Anyways there's my story, and if there is an Intro spot, please move it over there! Glad to be a part of this community, should have joined one earlier!:banghead: :)

If you want to play with fire forget the 55 and get a 75. Much better footprint, greatly increases stocking options. Forget about Ram's and go for mid-size cichlids, you'll never go back... lol.

The rainbow shark will appreciate a 4' footprint regardless of what it is, if you go 75 I'd go 90 if you can, same footprint, just taller. I'd say to play with fire you want a tank much larger than "recommended" for the fish you're putting in it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom