Amano Shrimp and Yo-Yo's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfink

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found some amano shrimp last weekend and added two to my 10 gal. WOW!!! They polished that tank in a 24 hour period. Almost every leaf, and every square inch of droftwood is clean. I am very impressed. I was thinking about getting a few more for my 29gal tank, but I am hesitant because that tank has 2 yo-yo loaches in it.

Do you think the yo-yo's will eat the shrimp?

I've not had Yo-Yo loaches, but Amano shrimp are pretty assertive and will hold their own against Hillstream loaches, another loach said to be semi-aggressive towards other bottom-dwellers. My Amanos also fight off Kuhliis for food. Success probably depends on the personality of the Yo-Yos. Heavy plant cover will only help.

I have kept both together with success. They lived peacefully for a month or so until my 3 Amanos decided to go carpet surfing, but no problems with the YoYos. They are pretty quick and can handle themselves I would think.

I added some shrimp 3 days ago, and they are still there, so it looks ok. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom