!!!!!!!amazon sword plantlets!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EndlersEatGuppies

Aquarium Advice Addict
:confused::mad:Does anyone know how to remove plantlets safely from an Amazon Sword without damaging the mother plant? I have a amazon sword, as you know and it has a runner but i don't see roots on the plantlets. Do i cut it off the runner before it has roots??? or what do i do.:confused::mad:

Let the baby sword develop some roots, then you can just simply cut the runner.

and then what let in float or put it in the gravel. please tell me everything u know if u can:p:p:p:) thanks so much please be specific where do i cut the runner also.

Yes, you cut it once it has roots. Some people even let them stay on until they fall off. Once it has roots, just plant it with a root tab close by. Mine has at least tripled in size over the period of about a week after cutting it from the mother plant. I just cut it off as close as I could to the baby plant, then trimmed it off the mother plant as close as I could.

Yes, you cut it once it has roots. Some people even let them stay on until they fall off. Once it has roots, just plant it with a root tab close by. Mine has at least tripled in size over the period of about a week after cutting it from the mother plant. I just cut it off as close as I could to the baby plant, then trimmed it off the mother plant as close as I could.

o ok thanks y did u cut off the runner from the mother plant. wouldn't it have more plantlets or not i am just learnng about this thanks everyone

hey everyone thanks for all the info so far but i was wandering what i do with the plantlets. Do i put them in a pot with soil or just put them in the gravel??? also do i need root tabs or is that necessary???

please help

If you want to keep the little swords in the tank, plant them in the gravel. Potting plants is typically done when you're going to sell them. It keeps them portable, but allows them to grow a good root system.

Root tabs will definitely help your swords. They're heavy root feeders and they tend to stay small and kind of pathetic looking if they're lacking nutrients.

BigJim said:
If you want to keep the little swords in the tank, plant them in the gravel. Potting plants is typically done when you're going to sell them. It keeps them portable, but allows them to grow a good root system.

Root tabs will definitely help your swords. They're heavy root feeders and they tend to stay small and kind of pathetic looking if they're lacking nutrients.

Ok thanks

Back
Top Bottom