Amazon swords not looking good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhavik95

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Why have my Amazon swords turned like this is it because of me adding liquid co2? Only started since the last 2 days
Added 2.5ml to a 200l tank

For ferts I have added root tabs under them and am dosing Marco and micro everyday

IMG_1815.jpgIMG_1816.jpgIMG_1817.jpg

these root tabs i have been using for a 1 year and i have never had any problem with them.
I added these root tabs about 3-4 days ago so im pretty sure its not finished

Ya....need give it some time. Remember roots system continues to grow especially on large plants. Need more and more.

Is it because I have add co2 and therefore the plants are demanding more buts it not getting more?

Should I cut the co2 back to every other day?

And should I cut of the dead leaves?

Yes cut off the dead. Carbon was more than likely not a factor.

Is it because I have add co2 and therefore the plants are demanding more buts it not getting more?

Should I cut the co2 back to every other day?

And should I cut of the dead leaves?

Do u not dose flourish? Make sure u have nutrients available at both the roots and in the water column [emoji106]

Yeah i does Marco and Mirco ferts together
and at the same time i had 2.5ml of liquid carbon as well
and the root tabs that are under substrate now

What caused this to happen?

Is there anything I can do the plants now look bare only a few leaves on each

Yeah i does Marco and Mirco ferts together
and at the same time i had 2.5ml of liquid carbon as well
and the root tabs that are under substrate now

What caused this to happen?

Is there anything I can do the plants now look bare only a few leaves on each

U can't dose macro and micro together, both mix together and make the ferts useless. They make new chemical compounds that arnt useful to plants. Make sure u dose these on alternate days.

How old are the swords?

Im using Lush Max fertiliser from ebay and it has Marco and Mirco premixed in it
Does that mean im just adding water to the tank?

these swords are quite old maybe 3-4 years

Im using Lush Max fertiliser from ebay and it has Marco and Mirco premixed in it
Does that mean im just adding water to the tank?

these swords are quite old maybe 3-4 years

Nah I'd say that it doesn't have certain nutrients in it like phosphate. I'm pretty sure phosphate and iron mix together? It's either phosphate it potassium.

Seems strange that all of a sudden they have just died. U used those new root tabs didn't u? The 150 pack?

it says it contains these N 1.33%, P 0.12%, K 3.88%, Mg 0.39%, B 0.01%, Cu 0.002%, Fe 0.11%, Mn 0.02%, Mo 0.002%, Zn 0.01% in the pack that i mixed

Yeah i dont know why could it be due to the liquid carbon or not really? no i havent used those they havent arrived yet

it says it contains these N 1.33%, P 0.12%, K 3.88%, Mg 0.39%, B 0.01%, Cu 0.002%, Fe 0.11%, Mn 0.02%, Mo 0.002%, Zn 0.01% in the pack that i mixed

Yeah i dont know why could it be due to the liquid carbon or not really? no i havent used those they havent arrived yet

Have u tested your nitrate? Carbon can't hurt plants in any way but it will increase the uptake of nutrients. So maybe it have used up all the nutrients in the water column and is starving?
U may need to up your feet dosage.

No I haven't I did a large water change and cleaned the filter about 2 days ago so should be fine

Yeah might start doubling the dose and see what happens
But it shouldn't be starving if there is root tabs underneath as it is a heavy root feeder

Is there any thing I can do to get it going again other than uping the dosage

Mine is doing that with furan 2 treatment. Before that was a slow grower over 9 months. I've never melted one from glut but if it is going suddenly could be?

Lack of nitrates in mine I suspect causes the leaves to fade a bit and just not look as good. Hard to tell as I know nitrates are still coming from fish, this was just an observation when plants with long leaves were consuming more nitrates than I was dosing.

Keep up with the liquid carbon. Do you dose it daily? Look for new leaves. Are there any? prune the old.

Keep up with the liquid carbon. Do you dose it daily? Look for new leaves. Are there any? prune the old.

The "liquid carbon" isn't really carbon. Its glud. (abbreviation) this could be melting the sword.
Do you dose Micros/Macros? whats the regime if so.

I know what it is. I've grown swords using it along with co2 and without co2 and they respond very well. At least they did for me anyway.

IMG_2043.jpg

I know what it is. I've grown swords using it along with co2 and without co2 and they respond very well. At least they did for me anyway.

View attachment 297918
happy for you :smilecolros::smilecolros:
was talking the op about his/her Regime to clarify.
Since we are having a tank contest lol:
2uhnxfm.jpg

Seachem Excel - some known side effects/considerations | 125776

Back
Top Bottom