..and then there were 7 - Long nose jumped ship :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well during feeding tonight I noticed my long nose hawk was absent. On closer examination I found him behind the tank nice and crispy near a vent. :(

This is the first jumper I have ever had. There is only about a 1.5" space as the lights and canopy cover the rest. I stopped using the glass last year when I upgraded to the 90g.

Too bad my hawk was one of my more intersting fish.

Visit a hardware store, and invest in some plastic gutter guard. Mount it on the back rim of the canopy, and let it curve back inside the tank rim. This acts as a safety net, sliding the jumper back into the tank. It will look like a roll of plastic mesh.

It is not always suicide; sometimes they are pushed!

afishyonados said:
Visit a hardware store, and invest in some plastic gutter guard. Mount it on the back rim of the canopy, and let it curve back inside the tank rim. This acts as a safety net, sliding the jumper back into the tank. It will look like a roll of plastic mesh.

I will look ino this. I was never really woried of any jumping/getting pushed out the back before. My worry was always of finding one on top of the lights because there is about a 2" gap in the front.

Back
Top Bottom