And they said "NAY, IT CANNOT HAPPEN". Proof!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I hit 57 ppm CO2, using straight DIY on my 55 gal :p

Also, Eheim substrat pro looks like cocoa puffs, but does not taste nearly as chocolatey good. I think i chipped a toof.

Ha. Serves you right. You should eat play-dough instead...

How did you get the ppm measurement on the co2? The PH/KH method?

I have a LOT of CO2 containers going, lol.

3 1 gal jugs, one diffused into a bell type diffusor, only significantly larger, 2 diffused into powerheads.

and

2 hagen DIY type CO2 with the ladder diffusors.

I will be so fricken happy when i get pressurized.

It's not so much that it can't be done, it's just that it's such a huge pain to first achieve and then keep at steady levels. DIY CO2 has been done on 55 gallons in the past, and I think even a 75 gallon that I heard about. There's also the issue that the supplies needed for DIY CO2 on that size tank will quickly pay for a pressurized system.

Purrbox said:
I think even a 75 gallon that I heard about. There's also the issue that the supplies needed for DIY CO2 on that size tank will quickly pay for a pressurized system.
still running diy on my 75 :? and i get 66 ppm :p

i got up to about 60ppm on my 50gal withy 4 2l bottles, 2 changed weekly, with the PH/mist method. but, i only have medium light, so it may have been easier for me to maintain high levels than those with 5wpg or something ;)

Back
Top Bottom