Anemone Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

hey guys i was looking around and i saw an anemone crab

how does that work? does the crab actually feed the anemone? and if the anemone dies will the crab go with it? or does it pick up new anemones after it dies

cause i want to get some of those guys

i had bought an anenome carb with an anenome....then my Anenome died and now the crab has been trying to host my hairy mushrooms...but they dont like them. Its my understanding that the crab just uses it for protrction...this crab is a filter feeder mostly, but will grab some food that floats on the anenome. They do not need a host to live.

doug

darn ause i thought that those guys were pretty cool and i wanted to get some, so you dont recommend getting them?

I have 3 anenome crabs that came as hitchikers in my liverock. I have a white, blue and green one. They all hang out at the same on LR on the tank. It is fun watching their filter feeding techniques
From what I read...they do not need an anenome and will just fine without one.

Rudy_627 said:
darn ause i thought that those guys were pretty cool and i wanted to get some, so you dont recommend getting them?

mine is been with out a host for 6 months and has not acted any different since...you could get one or 2 or more if u like....i honestly never seen them sold by themsleves before :oops: otherwise i mat have got one. I like mine it is white.

doug

Back
Top Bottom