Anemone looking thing...please ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moo33284

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone know what this is exactly? I wad thinking it wad done kind of bubble to anemone...new to this so I may be completely off. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120829_141703.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120829_141703.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 88
  • ForumRunner_20120829_141716.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120829_141716.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 93
  • ForumRunner_20120829_141722.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120829_141722.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 77
Woo hooo awesome! Thank you so much! Anything special I should do for it? I just put it in today, my uncle gave it to me...is it normal to have shrunken/swollen up a bit since it just was put in? Seems to have already attached itself as well.

Woo hooo awesome! Thank you so much! Anything special I should do for it? I just put it in today, my uncle gave it to me...is it normal to have shrunken/swollen up a bit since it just was put in? Seems to have already attached itself as well and moving further into the crevice..hope it's alright!

One other thing....do they usually get larger than this? He's about 1.5" wide right now. Sorry for all the questions!

I'm pretty sure they can get around 12 inch diameter. They need pretty strong light. Some people say you should feed them some say you shouldn't. I would do your own reaseach on that one. Good quality and stable parameters is very important. Its a hosting nem so clownfish help.

I have two clownish as well. I got it out of my uncles tank which was pretty nasty so I'm thinking it will do a lot better in mine...I hope so at least.

What type of lights do you have? Let us know and we can tell you if it's right enough for the anemone.

Bubble tips can get pretty big, and if it's looking sad right now it's probably just adjusting to your tank. Give it a week or two and it should perk up. It might move to a different location to find a spot it likes with just the right amount of flow and light.

Hope your clownfish find it!

Well my dad is going to go get some LED lights for me tomorrow...I have a 75g so the correct thing to do is go with 4 Watts per gallon, correct? As of right now all I have is an actinic blue 10k and two white lights that came with tank. Any advice on what I should get for everything to v be happy? I want to end up with a full blown reef tank. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!!

So the anemone has disappeared! Could he have possibly moved so fast? Do they typically hide at night? really confused... :/

Anemones will move wherever they want to in order to find the perfect place for themselves. It could've moved because it had too much light, too much flow, too hot, or even the opposite, too little little, too little flow, and too cold.

I don't think bubbletips hide at night, so he probably went on a road trip to find a better place to sit. When you get your new lights up he'll probably move again. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless he decides to wedge himself inbetween some rocks and you can't see/get at him to feed him.

I'll be patient then and wait. I got some LED lights today so how that makes him happy! Be adding more as time goes on as well. Hope he comes out soon. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom