Anemone tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking of turning a 55 into an anemone tank.. Which anemones I am unsure of yet.. But people say high lighting.. Why in most pics I see on the net the lighting is minimal.. Are they just doing that for pics? Or is lighting a small issue?

Anemones are all about high lighting, pristine water, and enough flow to make them happy. You can't really gauge intensity of lighting from pictures, you can just change the white balance and other things so it looks right.

Enough flow.. But not too much right? They don't like a lot of current..??

Everything Ive heard.. If you don't like the nem in a spot turn up the current on top of it and it will move..

My 10 year old BTA sits 4 inches under 2x250 MH and still stretches all the way out every day. My tank is a 125g and I have 6 nems and they all sit within 4-5 inches of the lighting

Everything Ive heard.. If you don't like the nem in a spot turn up the current on top of it and it will move..

This is true, but they won't ever go where you want them. They are still an animal even though there is no brain. They will do what they want. I have had one of my nems not move for months then run off. I've even had to battle one from killing itself when it would place itself in the dark and not lean into the light.

This is true, but they won't ever go where you want them. They are still an animal even though there is no brain. They will do what they want. I have had one of my nems not move for months then run off. I've even had to battle one from killing itself when it would place itself in the dark and not lean into the light.
There are times that anemone gets trapped on a spot that they can't get away with. When this happens I have to extract it to find a new spot.

Sorry to hijack lol but how do you remove a nem?
I have 3 green bubble tips and 2 I want to sell but can't move them, I've tried the powerhead pointing and can't get my finger underneath as they are in a crevice.
Thanks lee.

Back
Top Bottom