Anenome Split and Shriveled up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munchie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I picked up a "Delicate Anenome" and added it to my 20L.

Day one it moved around a bit before settling on a rock (arn't they sand dwellers?)

Last night he split in two, the second has been shriveled up all day.

While doing a water change the larger one of the two also shriveled up.

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 4-5ppm (very close to the 5ppm color)
PH 8.2

I am running a refugium, skimmer and two koralia 425's on a Koralia Smart Wave..

48 Watts on a T5 HO with ATI bulbs.

Temp at 79.4

20 lbs of live rock.

image-2535428246.jpg

Am I missing something here? I am concerned that he split within 12 hours of being added and now they are both shriveled. While it was only $20, I would hate to have it die as my params are always in check.

At first I thought you had a 20 LITER tank. Then I read your other posts and saw it was a long 20 Gal.
Ok, the initial prob I see is you have a new tank and only have a 4 bulb T5 HO light. Both of those things are problematic. Anemones often split as a method for self preservation. That is to say, it's gonna die, so it splits and they go thier separate ways. In a tank that doesn't happen and they both will die unless you do something.
1. Change time so your tank is more established.
Hmm, difficult to do.
2. Add more lights.
3. Give the nems away to someone with a better system, with the agreement you can have 1 back once your more ready, if they both survive.
4. Wait and pray.

Thanks for the input. He has since poofed back up. I will reach out to a friend to keep him for a while. What do you suggest for lighting? Can I go LED? If so what wattage?

Thanks

Thanks for the input. He has since poofed back up. I will reach out to a friend to keep him for a while. What do you suggest for lighting? Can I go LED? If so what wattage?

Thanks

Try the kessil ones! 150w if is led's my anemones love the light!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom