Angel Fish and Tiger Barbs. HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

napuakaapuni

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just added angel fish to my community tank. It's a 72 gal bow front. Here are the fish that are currently in there:
10 tiger barbs
2 black skirt tetras (soon to be more)
3 upside down catfish
3 Small angel fish
1 pleco
And I painted turtle.

My problem is, I put 3 small angel fish in my tank last night and looked at it this morning and one is missing. The tiger barbs started fin nipping immediately when I put them in. Which is weird because they never bothered any of my other fish. I am guessing that the angel fish died and my turtle ate it. My turtle doesn't really bother my fish so this is a mystery. My question is, should I add more angel fish to the tank or should I remove the tiger barbs or the Angels.

Please help I am new to fish.

Also how many more fish could I add to the tank I don't want to over crowed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had the same problem with my tiger barbs and angels. The barbs wouldn't leave the angels alone. I had to separate them in their own tanks. Barbs like to nip, angels have long fins..My angels were really stressed out till I moved everyone around

Sent from my XT1030 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Turtle is not good idea it will chase slow fish and maybe eat them and will cause you to have water issues that fish will wind up possibly die from. From my experience turtles and fish are no good.

Now tiger barbs they are known as semi aggressive fish especially in a pack they love to nibble on fins and cause fish to get stressed and dye with those you have to becareful not to put any type of long fin fish in tank with them most aren't aggressive. So you should either return them. But I have also seen black skirts also be nippers so maybe return Angels friend

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The tiger barbs probly are going to nip at the angels tell they die to tell you the truth my black skiers didnthat

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom