Angel fish eggs!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove783

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My angels are making baby's as I write this. I'm so excited right now!! My female layed eggs a few weeks ago but my male ate them then she started to. So that was a no go. But now he is fertilizing them. They are so neat to watch. I don't know if I wanta pull the eggs or not. I have a 55g too, I could take most of the little fish out and see if they take care of them. But, I really don't wanta cause stress for anybody. They are keeping other fish out of the area(as always) man, so cool! Anyways, what do y'all think I should do. Pull them or leave them? Here's a pic. There's a lot. Don't look like it in the pic, but the leaf is covered. 20180724_225642.jpg

The parents might eat the eggs or the babies or they might not. I've had several pair and several generations of angels and mostly they tend to eat their eggs or eat their babies. If they keep laying eggs, provide a slate or pot for them to spawn and after the eggs are laid, remove the slate and raise the babies yourself - although that takes a bit of practice, too. Simply, put the eggs in another tank, aerate it well with an airstone, and after about 5 days the babies will hatch. In another 5 days or so they will be ready to eat newly hatched brine shrimp. Feed them the shrimp for about 6 weeks and they take other foods.
If you leave all the fish in the tank you have now, if the parents don't eat the eggs or babies, the other fish will. A community tank is not conducive to successful breeding.

Yay!!

Although mine always disappeared over night but I wasn’t interested in more fish.
Im not really either. But, I might be able to sell them. They will be pretty. I don't need anymore fish, but it's fun to watch everything take place.

The parents might eat the eggs or the babies or they might not. I've had several pair and several generations of angels and mostly they tend to eat their eggs or eat their babies. If they keep laying eggs, provide a slate or pot for them to spawn and after the eggs are laid, remove the slate and raise the babies yourself - although that takes a bit of practice, too. Simply, put the eggs in another tank, aerate it well with an airstone, and after about 5 days the babies will hatch. In another 5 days or so they will be ready to eat newly hatched brine shrimp. Feed them the shrimp for about 6 weeks and they take other foods.
If you leave all the fish in the tank you have now, if the parents don't eat the eggs or babies, the other fish will. A community tank is not conducive to successful breeding.
I have 4 angels in my 75g.along with a pleco about 3-4". My little fish are 5 platy's, 5 mollys and 2 swordtails could go into my 55g. I think they would feel a little more at ez if the little fish where not all over the place. My other 2 angels stay on the other side of tank. It's not heavy planted but I can add a lot of slate rock to it. I have lots. I have a few 10g's too one it empty. Not sure what to do just yet. I think I better get some baby food on hand soon though, just in case I deside to try it out. Ha! Ha!

Good advice. Highly unlikely that they will be successful in a community tank. Chasing the smaller fish with a net will only stress the parents and they will eat the eggs, which they will probably do anyway. If you really want babies set up for the next time. They will probably spawn again in 10 - 14 days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom