Angel fish growth and/or fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a pair of angels for my brother a few weeks ago and one of them now has some kind of growth on its fin... Or in place of its fin... And the other fins seem to be kinda torn up. I don't have a quarantine tank so he's still in the main tank. Is this fin rot? Whatever it is, what do I do to treat it? I can't attach a picture for some reason... :(

That's not good. Without a picture it's hard to know what it is exactly. Angels will die fast with fins problems. Try daily 20% water changes and gravel vacuuming, and make sure it's eating. Hopefully it will regain its fins. I have an angel that was getting beat up, torn fins and all. I feed beardheart, bloodworms, and did 20% daily water changes and it is recovering nicely.

Ok thanks for the ideas :) actually now the fin is almost completely gone... Within the last two days it's gone from a growth in the place of a fin to a little stub of a growth like you can barely tell its there anymore. But theres no fin there :( I did about a 40% water change yesterday. I really don't have time to do daily 20% water changes, but I'll try to do them every few days.

A picture is really needed. Plus which fin are you referring to? Are all the other fins fine? There are alot of different things that could be going on. Keeping water pristine aids tremendously in fin healing and regrowth but no one can really help without seeing the problem.

A picture is really needed. Plus which fin are you referring to? Are all the other fins fine? There are alot of different things that could be going on. Keeping water pristine aids tremendously in fin healing and regrowth but no one can really help without seeing the problem.

Sorry. I can't add a picture :( I am referring to the pectoral thing I think? If the fish had arms, this fin would be the right arm ;)

Oh and the other fins seem to be shorter... A bit torn up looking but slightly less then a few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom