Angel fish in 30 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psybuster

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally got my koi out the tank and into the pond, now i have nothing in there. So I was planning to go with angel fish, but I'm not sure if 30 gal is big enough for them. Also what other fish should i put in there with them.

I have 2 angels in my 29 gal, and they are find, lots of room to swim around.
When they get full grown, 6", I'll move them to yet another tank. :lol:

I concur that two angelfish will be fine in a tank that size. Jchillin made a couple of good recommendations regarding tetras and a bristlenose pleco. Don't get any small tetras like neons as the angelfish regard them as food. I would also suggest some cories or a few otocinclus. Those are what I have in my tank.

angels would be a good choice for that size tank, like Jchillin said some med sized tetras and if you want some color you can try maybe a dwarf gourami.. :lol: i love gouramis and try them with any combination thats compatible..

one of my friends even have a 55 with 8 angels and a school of tiger barbs.. he got the barbs when they were fry from another friends though..

Gouramis may not do well with angels, from what I understand. I think some people have success with it, but for others that setup is trouble.

If you are interested in other recommendations for tankmates, I really like tetras with angels. Glowlight, cardinal (they grow larger than neons), rummy nose, pristella (gold or regular), green fire, lemon, serpae, flame... there are tons of options for you. I also like the idea of a BN pleco, they are great tank cleaners and very unique looking. Clown plecos and rubberlip plecos also stay small, although clowns aren't known for eating much algae. If you choose a pleco, make sure to buy it some driftwood so it can rasp. :D You do need to get some fish or other source of ammonia in there soon so your bio filter does not die.

Back
Top Bottom