angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Recommended? I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than a 3' tank with some depth to it. A 29 is usually suitable, with care in choosing tankmates. Some people keep breeding pairs in 20H's, though I think that's a bit on the small side.

I personally recommend 29g as the minumum. Some people say 20 tall, but it would have to be the only thing in there. I still think 29 is better.

Gboy66 said:
One in a community. 2 if its a breeding pair and nothing else is in the tank

Hi don't angel fish eat there fry, would they need seperation, sorry if it's a silly question
But im a newbie to all.
Rob

robbeno said:
Hi don't angel fish eat there fry, would they need seperation, sorry if it's a silly question
But im a newbie to all.
Rob

Uhm sometimes. Sometimes one will just gobble them up, but other times they are good parents. I think it takes a couple tries for them to get it right though. But most people remove the eggs and put them in another tank once they are fertilized. Correct me if im wrong, iv never bred angels, but would like too!

Gboy66 said:
One in a community. 2 if its a breeding pair and nothing else is in the tank

Actually you could keep bottom feeders like plecos (smaller species) and corys or loaches as well as shrimp.
You could probably keep a couple mid to top dwellers too that would stay out of the way

tarpon said:
Actually you could keep bottom feeders like plecos (smaller species) and corys or loaches as well as shrimp.
You could probably keep a couple mid to top dwellers too that would stay out of the way

Really? Id think itd be crowded but i believe you

It wouldnt be crowded.
You might have issues at spawning time if you have more than a few mid-top dwellers but the bottom dwellers are well out of the way. Shrimp might get eaten if theyre small

Back
Top Bottom