Fish to add to this tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vivekpjoshi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

Writing for the first time here. Looking for recommendations to add fish to the following tank

75 gal Fowlr tank, currently contains following fish
Squareback anthias
Longnose hawkfish
Flame angel
Blue hippo tang
Black & white clownfish- it’s pair just died
Yellow corris wrasse
Few hermit crabs & conchs

Can you recommend fish that I can add to this tank?

Thx

Vivek

Oh the list is long. LOL There are Blennies you can add ( I like Firetail or Red Lip Blennies), Other Anthias species, Flame Hawk, different wrasse species if you have a sand substrate, Rabbitfish, High Hats, Larger Goby species ( i.e engineer, sleeper, scissortail, Barred, etc) Basslets, Puffers, Cardinalfish, Dottybacks..... as I said, the list is long. Which ones of these species will depend on your set up and decorations. If you have a lot of hiding spots, mixing territorial fish gets easier. If your tank is more open swimming space, territorial fish will fight new comers.
Hope this helps. (y)

Oh the list is long. LOL There are Blennies you can add ( I like Firetail or Red Lip Blennies), Other Anthias species, Flame Hawk, different wrasse species if you have a sand substrate, Rabbitfish, High Hats, Larger Goby species ( i.e engineer, sleeper, scissortail, Barred, etc) Basslets, Puffers, Cardinalfish, Dottybacks..... as I said, the list is long. Which ones of these species will depend on your set up and decorations. If you have a lot of hiding spots, mixing territorial fish gets easier. If your tank is more open swimming space, territorial fish will fight new comers.
Hope this helps. (y)

Thanks Andy for a wonderful response. This is very helpful. I do have lot of hiding spaces & sand substrate.

Vivek

Is this your permanent tank? You may want to consider either a) upgrading to a noticeably larger tank or b) removing the BHT. Average length is 12" and they are a tang. My own personal rule of thumb is I won't put a tang in anything under a 6ft (72in) tank. Also having the BHT in there is going to eat up a good chunk of your available space for other fish.
As for adding, I'm a huge fan of the fuzzy dwarf lions but obviously inverts may or may not survive lol.

Is this your permanent tank? You may want to consider either a) upgrading to a noticeably larger tank or b) removing the BHT. Average length is 12" and they are a tang. My own personal rule of thumb is I won't put a tang in anything under a 6ft (72in) tank. Also having the BHT in there is going to eat up a good chunk of your available space for other fish.
As for adding, I'm a huge fan of the fuzzy dwarf lions but obviously inverts may or may not survive lol.

Thanks Huma-huma for your response. Hopefully it will be long before tang gets that big. Right now it’s only about 2/3 inches, but I will definitely keep that in mind.

Vivek

Thanks Huma-huma for your response. Hopefully it will be long before tang gets that big. Right now it’s only about 2/3 inches, but I will definitely keep that in mind.

Vivek
Just so you know, one of the issues with lionfish is that they eliminate smaller fish from your choices because if it will fit in their mouth, lionfish will eat it. ( And lionfish have big mouths for the size of their bodies. :eek: Check this out: https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/red-lion-fish-gm182798753-13215532
) :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom