Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha alright.

Tank size: minimum 30 gallon for one
They get pretty large and can eat other smaller fish whole once they reach max size. Will be agressive towards other angelfish, and are not too hard to breed. Mine eats just about any food i put in the tank, and some people think they are not very hearty, but i dont agree because i have had mine about 7 months with no problems!

Shane l said:
Really like angels but never owned them please tell me everything I need to know

Thinking of getting 2 for my 8g

2 angelfish will never fit in an 8 gallon. Is it possible you ment 80 gallon? Good luck

Sorry u dont see where it says a full grown angelfish can be kept in a 4 gallon tank... Either way they need a minimun of 30 gallons

i love my angels . geting black vails soon. you will love them so much fun to breed and watch

Angels need 30g for 1 and at least 40g for 2. So you aren't going to be able to get angels.

Ok, well going by that link, why yes, yes you can keep ich in a 4 gallon tank.

Now, there are no "small" angelfish. Those are babies that you see in the stores. An adult angel can, on average, grow to about a 4 inch diameter body. Sometimes larger, 5-6 inches.

Think adult size, 4 inches of fish, in an 8g tank? Ok, so would you live in a medium sized dog kennel?

Give them at least 25g per fish.

I started mine out in a 29g, they were the size of a nickel. until their tank was ready, now they're in a 115g.

Scarlet badis could work. Make sure you have some plants and caves for them. I wouldn't go with more than 2 though. I have 4 in a 10g and they quarrel all the time, even with plants and caves.

Back
Top Bottom