Angelfish and aggression question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D-Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone, so I have a 125gal 6' tank. It had 4 angelfish, a pleco, and a school of giant dannios.
Now it's down to 3 Angels because the 3 started picking on the other really bad and was going to end up killing it. They had made two pairs but the one set seems to have broke up. These are my first angelfish and are about 3" in body size.

For now I have moved the one into a 30 gal tank to himself.

So here is my question. Would I be better to get several more angels and rearrange the tank trying for a bigger school to disperse the aggression. Maybe removing the schooling fish. Or take the other out also and see if they will pair back up in the 30 gallon and just leave the two in the 125 with other community fish.

Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.

It might work to get more angels and wait until they pair up to before reducing the numbers. 125 gallons is plenty of room to do this.

It might work to get more angels and wait until they pair up to before reducing the numbers. 125 gallons is plenty of room to do this.
Thanks for the advice.

I must confess I’ve never had one picked on that bad. Just in case - heaps of planted cover can help. Give them somewhere to get out of line of sight. Generally I’ve had 4 to 6 in a 4ft 150gal tank with no issues. I think it helps having some other fish, especially if they can hold their own a bit so the angelfish have something else to think about.

Back
Top Bottom