Angelfish Fry & Wigglers, ok to combine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flscubadiver

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Has anyone ever put Angelfish wigglers in a small tank with Angelfish fry? I have <2 week old fry and the parents just laid another set of eggs. I don't have another heater to set up another small tank so would like to put them together once the newbies become wigglers. The new eggs are on an Amazon Sword leaf which I would like to cut and move but I added Methylene Blue to the parent's tank which seems to do a good job in keeping the fungus down, will wait until they hatch. Anyone have experience combining either with or without luck?

Thanks!

At some point, the bigger fry will eat the smaller ones if they will fit into their mouths so I do not suggest letting them have free range at them. Time to invest in another heater for another tank imo.
As for the Meth Blue, you'll want to remove that once the eggs hatch as there is some evidence that it causes issues with swim bladder as the fry develop. I usually remove the blue the day before the eggs are expected to hatch.
Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom