Angelfish hanging out right under filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mustangmp96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anybody have an idea why my angels would spend most of their time right under my two filters rather then swimming around the tank?

What else do you have in the tank? I had an angelfish that hung around under the filter because the genius that I bought the tank from thought it would be fine with Tiger Barbs and they were bullying the **** out of him.

I have the two angels, four swordtails and six corys in a 36 gal bow. When it's feeding time, they (the angels) are all over the place, but it seems like they spend the rest of the time up under the filter.

Have had them about two weeks now. They seem healthy and strong otherwise. Just wanted to make sure this wasn't unusual behavior.

It's not abnormal. They need some time to stake a claim in the tank. All should be good in a couple of weeks. Good luck. Angels are really cool fish.

Thank you all! I appreciate it. They are great! And actually, right now, their moving about quite a bit.

They like to hide between plants/roots and the shore bank in the wild stalking neon tetras, having tall plants near the back of the tank will solve ur problem, I've also seen it done in the front so you can view them all the time

Ok, so I think they have gotten over their shyness. They are all over the place now and haven't seen them up around the filters in awhile. Although, one fish is definitely becoming dominant, snipping at the other every once in awhile.

Ok, so I think they have gotten over their shyness. They are all over the place now and haven't seen them up around the filters in awhile. Although, one fish is definitely becoming dominant, snipping at the other every once in awhile.
Good to hear that they have settled in. :) Keep an eye on your dominant one to make sure it doesn't terrorize its tankmates.

Back
Top Bottom