Angelfish Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SorshaKay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am worried about my ill angelfish. He is a 6 year old wild strain (silver with red eye and dark stripes that only appear when excited now). I have had him from adolescence.
He's in a 30 G, live plants, driftwood.
He receives a water change weekly or every week and a half of 50%. Done WC today.
Alone in the tank.
Eats multi vitamin flake food as staple, two to three times a day. Sometimes frozen blood worms and free dried mysis.
Seen a solid healthy looking small poo yesterday night.
Will test water parameters tomorrow, couldn't find my test kits.
His fins that he steers with (I'm sorry I don't know the name) as he has aged became red at the base only, and then a darker red. It worries me, but it's been at least a year since it started and he acted normal with monitoring, so I was unsure if that was just something that a wild strain angel could do as it ages. Since yesterday his belly has stayed swollen, not engorged, but almost like he is constipated. He seems to always have a bulge, even after two days of fasting in the past. He is uninterested in eating. Tonight his mouth looked almost bloody. Terrified it is septecmia, but no red or hint of red is present anywhere on his body. There are pest snails I just haven't gotten around to getting out. Possible he might have tried to eat one? He's quite piggish normally. Also, I noticed something that looked thin, snot like, it was clear but still noticeable, that was hanging from his gill, like at his "jaw". Please help, he's my baby.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom