Angelfish laid eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rigo_s197

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, I was looking at my fish tank today and noticed that one of the leaves on my amazon sword was white, but upon closer Inspection i saw they were tiny eggs. I thought they were mystery snail eggs since they’ve laid eggs before, but then I saw my angelfish laying the eggs! What do I do so they they hatch or at least attempt it? Thank you! IMG_0603.jpg

I have no clue I would get a breeder box though and watch for them to hatch I'm pretty sure the parents eat the babys after they're hatched that looks awesome and good luck

Some parents take care of the baby's if there's nothing in the tank as a threat to them. Or you can pull the baby's. I'd see want happens.

I'm still a novice at this but I watched a few YouTube videos before setting up a 29 gal tank with a sponge filter. My 1st batch I lost when I tried to move them. Then I started paying close attention to them so I'd know when the female was close to laying eggs then I'd move them have something for her to lay her eggs on.
Then once they become free swimmers that's when it becomes tedious with feeding and frequent water changes. I left the parents with the fry because they were taking care of them.

Maybe you can partion off where the eggs are and place a sponge over the intake for your filter. Do you have a fully planted tank?

Back
Top Bottom