angelfish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missgingersnap

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys. I just recently added 6 glofish to my tank. Ever since they went in one of my angels went on a hunger strike. He looks fine physically but he's not his usual feisty self. All the other fish are fine and acting normally. My water stats are 0, 0, 10. Do you think he's not feeling well or does he have his nose bent out of shape from the new arrivals? I hope he's ok...he's my favorite fish.

What size is the tank and do the fish have hiding spots for territories? How long did you have the angel before the glofish?

The tank is 48 gallons but its more tall than wide. There are cave thingees and lots of plants for them to hide. The angels have a favorite spot that they go to relax. I've had the angles since they were babies. They aren't full grown yet but they're pretty big. I wonder if the glofish are freaking him out since they're super active.

That could very well be. Try feeding in smaller doses perhaps one additional feeding a day. But do remember to reduce the amount of food each time so as to not cause an nitrate increase.

So, I got some frozen bloodworms and he still isn'y really eating. He looks like he's starting to get thin. There is no stringy poop.....no poop at all really. I thought constipation but he wouldn't eat peas. He still swims around and isn't lethargic or anything. Could it be a parasite or something? He does have tiny black specks on him but he's always had them since I can remember so I'm not sure if that's just his colouring or something bad. I have no clue what to do. If anyone can help I sure would appreciate it. I'm pretty attached to this guy. Thanks.
smiley.gif

Back
Top Bottom