Angelfish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kirkland795

Aquarium Advice Regular
1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
I have 4 angelfish juveniles. My veiltail angel fish has suddenly stopped eating for the past 2 days. He is otherwise healthy and behaving normally. All the other angels continue to eat. The affected fish seems interested in the food but will spit out the very few bites he takes.

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
Ammonia-0, Nitrites-0, Nitates-5, temp-80, pH-7.3

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
It's a 60 gallon and been set up a year.

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
I currently use a double biowheel marineland 400gph, I also have a marineland canister 350gph.

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
I have 1 blood parrot(4in), 4 angels(1.5in), 5 danios, 3 guppies, 2 mollies, 3 ghost catfish, 2 apples snails, 1 mystery snail

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
I usually do 80% water change every 5-7 days. I have sand and clean the surface well each week.

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
I have had the angel fish 2.5 months.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
Nothing new has been added

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
No new changes. I feed frozen blood worms, frozen carnivore mix, and flakes

I've done a little research on my own and I suspect wasting disease but all of my other fish are unaffected.

I'm thinking of trying apu general cure since he still isn't eating. Does anyone know if this will affect my biofilter?

Back
Top Bottom