Angelfish spawned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atucker681

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have had my angelfish spawn, it's been 7 days they are free swimming and the barbs I keep are no longer interested in them, I was curious as to how many I could keep in the tank they are currently in which is the 66g in my bio, this is only to grow out not to keep they will either be sold or given to my LFS who I give fish to on occasions. But this is the first time my angels have spawned so I'm unsure as to the room they will need to grow to a suitable size. I did a rough count and there are around 55-60 fry any info would be amazing thank you very much since they spawned I have have been doing 30-50% water changes on a daily basis also

A 66 gallon is a fine sized grow out tank for any size angel spawn in my opinion :) I believe the minimum you'd want to go for a grow out tank is a 50 gallon. The bigger the tank, the quicker they grow!

Yeah I do obviously have the parents in the tank along side a couple of others but I can't see it being too bad as long as I keep on top of maintenance I'm just curious as to how many people would recommend in on that size I know my lfs will take them from me at around 2-2.5 months old depending on size

Back
Top Bottom