Angelfish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuhli Loach

Aquarium Advice Activist
Could I add a angelfish into my 30 gal tall with 1 bristlenose P, 2 kuhlis, 1 opaline gourami, 1 zebra danio, and 1 Molly?

Kuhli Loach said:
Could I add a angelfish into my 30 gal tall with 1 bristlenose P, 2 kuhlis, 1 opaline gourami, 1 zebra danio, and 1 Molly?

Depending on the surface area of your tank, you MAY have problems, given that the angel and gourami will take up the same part of the tank for the most part probably. I would say may, because there really is no way of knowing for sure until you try it. In my experience, Gouramis have one of the highest tendencies to go 'rogue' and start attacking, but in saying that, the angel is no slouch either. If you had a pair, I would say the angels would dominate much more, but I think you would be ok to get one. I would be watching the size difference between your angels and your danios and kuhlis.

Like the above posts, I'm gonna say no. A 30 gallon isn't a lot of room for an angel, plus a gourami and zebra danios.

If you want to add anymore fish you should fill up the zebra danio school first. :)

Kuhli Loach said:
If I get the smallest one there would it work?

You can get the smallest possible, but it will still grow up. I don't think gouramis and angels get along very well in the long haul.

Kuhli Loach said:
If I get the smallest one there would it work?

MAYBE for awhile, yes. But the angel won't stay the smallest for long :)

Kuhli Loach said:
Yes but wouldn't it grow up with the rest???

That won't necessarily guarantee a happy home. It may for awhile, but your angel is normally a fairly aggressive little fella. But then so can you gourami. There really is only one way to know for sure.

Personally , I wouldn't mix angels and gouramis. You would need to watch super close and not be afraid to have to remove and rehome one or the other if you see any problems. Angels can become quit the characters as they get older.

Also consider increasing your danios to a school of about 6. You would be amazed at how good they look.

Alright because u was gunna get a few more danios and kuhlis then I'd like to have 1 more big for a thirty gallon fish

Ohh ok. So u want a centerpiece fish? I suggest a small/not agressive fish like a gourmi or mayb some rainbow fish

I have a opaline gourami, but it would be awesome to have 2 centerpeice fish. I don't think my tank is TOO overly stocked.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hmm.. I dont no much abt rams, but i think ur tank is too cramped for one :/

I think you have plenty of room for a ram if you want one but I doubt it will make a 'centrepiece' fish. They are pretty sedate and fairly shy usually, thou beautiful. Plus they will never grow huge. They are a dwarf after all. I think if you really want the angel then get it. Just keep an eye on him and the gourami and worst case you may need to rehome one or the other.

Back
Top Bottom