Angled tank heaters??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KimmiA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi! So I just bought a 50watt heater for my 10gal. The instructions say to place it horizontally or vertically, but when I look at tank pics on this site, the majority of the heaters are positioned at an angle. Is there a benefit to this position of the heater on the tanks? Or is this just a preference?

It is usually due to height limitations. It should probably be vertical per instructions.

People place them like that to get a "better heated surface area" per say; but it doesn't matter. I like mine vertically and near the surface so I can adjust the temperature without getting my hand wet.

They're easier to hide sometimes if placed horizontal.

My heater is slightly at an angle, it is hidden inside of the log at the right in the picture. I hated seeing it in my tank so i had to hide it away from view, and I can still get to the temp control on top. I do however have the temp up more than normal so the heat can get to the water being it is encased in the wood.

Attachments

• Fish Tank 015.jpg
    Fish Tank 015.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom