Another Newbie saying hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tallpaul003

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey y'all

Completely new to the fishy world. I already have a motorbike so it's def not a mid-life crisis but finally in a position to get aquatic. Have been researching for a couple of weeks and picked up a second hand Juwel Rio 125 last night which will be a tropical tank. The nice girl I bought it from had it running Marine FOWLR so I'll need to get some new filter media but apart from that, it's ready to go. Am not quite ready to setup yet, or decided on exactly what I'll have in it so will be a couple of weeks until I start cycling (fish in).

Any advice gratefully received. The only definite I have decided so far is to go with a sand substrate and that I'll need an API test kit. Currently has a background on it but have seen a few members on here have painted the back black which looks cool. Will be looking at fish, plants (live & fake), decor, equipment I'll need, so if you have any must haves, let me know.

Seems to be quite a mix of worldy members on here, so I'll be adding one more UK resident.

See you in the forums
Paul

Welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom