another question about torch coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
so ive had my torch for about 5 days i think lol and it seems to be doing really well most of the times the polyps are fully extended and blowing nicely in the water flow but i notice once and awhile a piece of the coral will be fully retracted but will open back up again sooner or later is this normal? also when my lights go off and the moon lights go on the coral is deff more retracted then when the lights are off which i know are normal for corals but i thought i read the torch coral stays fully extended always you think my corals doing well and im just over analyzing? or is their a underlying problem that i just dont know about

at this stage, over analyzing. everything else looking good? flow not too strong or weak on the torch? then i would say to wait and relax.

yea flow looks really good its at the top of my rock so its in the direct flow for the most part i have the power head raised a little so its actually blowing over the coral not directly to it, i only have 2 corals so i just have them positioned to get hit directly in the flow of the power head, so yea guess i am over analyzing it lol

the power head flow is blowing directly over the coral so its not directly hitting it no

I have mine on the bottom of my 90 g and I'm
Running a mp40 so even down there it's all waving around like mad .

image-2716290494.jpg

Not fully extended yet as I moved him earlier I'm hoping to not have to move him again but I think it's a medium ish flow there...do u guys think it should be up higher

image-481934531.jpg

image-2111193170.jpg

This is where he is do u think it's a good place for him

Back
Top Bottom