Another stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyingyahoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Aquarium profile

65 gallon aqaurium
1 penguin 200 filter
1 HOT Marineland filter

Water Paramaters

0 Amonia
0 Nitrite
5-20 ppm Nitrate

50% bi-weekly water change

Moderate plants with driftwood

Current stock list

1 gold Gouarami
2 Angelfish
5 rummynose terae
5 Serpae tetra
5 Zebra Danio
2 emarald green catfish
3 SAE
1 BNP

I would like to increase rummy's to a school of 15.
I would like to increase emarld's to either 4 or rehome and get 4-6 pepper or julie cory's depending on budget.

Am I currently overstocked?

Can I add fish as planned?

Any suggestions?

Adding more rummies should be ok. Add some neons. Every beautiful tank has neon tetras.

I always hear that angels eat neons! That is why I just stuck w rummies. I agree that the older ones do look nice. My rummies (10) have sort of taken over my tank, but they school cool!

I love neons but had bad luck. I bought ten from Petco but only four lived. 6 died within a week. Water parameters were 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 5 nitrate. Then a couple of weeks later got 16 form petsmart. All neons died and took half my tank of the other fish with them. Again water was 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 5 nitrate. This was confirmed using API kit and Petsmart strips. I now have quaritine tank. Bacteria infection I think. Have now switched to rummies. Love how they school. Really good luck. Bought 6 and only lost one over the last three months, and that was due to leaving python hose unattended for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom