Another Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadrider5953

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone. Well today i went to the lfs and i bought a aquarium pharmecuticals master test kit. I tested the water and here are my results: ph- 7.7
ammonia- .25ppm
nitrite- 0ppm
nitrate- 5ppm

I guess this is ok right? I guess it is pretty much cycled even after 15 days? If you dont think so please reply. I also bought an anacharis plant and placed it in the center. I should be adding a piece of driftwood shortly. I also bought 3 rosabaras but i dont know which kind they are yet. I will search online to see what they are. The food i got was Tetramin Pro Crisps. Is this food any good?

I will try and get picture soon.

-Kyle

The light is the one that came with the perfecto light. I am not sure what it is. I will try to find out. If it is no good enough i will repace it. also in catalogs the perfect strip light says it comes with an 18 " bulb but i measured it and it is less then 18". Why is that?

-Kyle

quadrider5953 said:
The light is the one that came with the perfecto light. I am not sure what it is. I will try to find out. If it is no good enough i will repace it. also in catalogs the perfect strip light says it comes with an 18 " bulb but i measured it and it is less then 18". Why is that?

-Kyle

The bulb size is different from the light strip size. Perhaps they were referring to the light strip instead.

It's doubtful that the bulb is more than 17 watts.

In that case the bulb is 15" and that is how long it measured. I was just making sure because i dont want to buy a bulb that doesnt fit. What is the best bulb that is 15" long and is good for a planted tank?

-Kyle

This is probably one of the biggest problems we planted tank folks have, the stock light strip and bulbs. The ballast cannot support any greater wattages and to make things even worse, the bulbs don't come in greater wattages in that length.

This leaves us no choice but to customize the entire thing or retro-fit a different light strip altogether. In your case, PC's are the easiest way to go. The PC's are small enough and carry enough wattage to fit your tank size.

Try looking at the PC light strips here for some ideas.

Flourescent bulbs are not interchangable with modified incandescent bulbs. The flourescent has a two-four pin insert, not a screw in. You would have to change the entire assembly over to screw in. Those bulbs were designed primarily for the smaller tank hoods that come with incandescent bulbs.

Yeah...I did misunderstand. When the term "tube" is used, I automatically think flourescent with pins.

If this is the case...Homerun! For the record, I would love to put that bulb in my 30 gal hood, but I have that silly problem with the pins. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom