Anovack 29 biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anovack

Aquarium Advice Freak
I thought I would share a couple crappy iPhone pictures of my 29biocube that has been running for a year and a half.

First mistake I made with corals was putting a yellow polyp colony, pulsing Xenia, and a Kenya tree in the tank. About 9 months I realized this and took everything out and restarted.

Current fish
-pair of o. Clowns
-bang Cardinal
-starry Blenny

Inverts
-cleaner shrimp
-handful of crabs and snails

Corals
-frog spawn
-zoas
-stylo
-birdsnest
-monti digata
-blasto
-gsp

Equipment/filtration
Radion xr15pro led
Chemipure elite with rumble in chamber 2
Mj1200return
Vortech pm10wqd

10%water change weekly

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444268550.908607.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444268571.961213.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444268761.327617.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444268798.232328.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Things look nice. Can you tell us more about the system, like the settings on your radions and vortech? Sometimes people don't quite understand the different settings and intensities and it might be helpful to someone trying to mirror your results.

Radions run 10-10 at 50% with the lunar cycle on.

Vortech had a little lagoon in the morning around 20%. Ramps up to a pulse for a little wave action. I throw the gyre mode on for a bit. Then slow it down in the evening and not much at night. My mj1200 return moves enough at night. Plus my clowns like to sleep in frogspawn quietly.

Aqua mini115 protein skimmer and I'm pretty impressed for a nano skimmer.

Also have a tunze osomolator 3155 ATO which I would recommend to anyone.

Ecotech battery backup for Vortech has helped big time once or twice.

All the equipment was gathered over time. One of the things I like about the hobby is that each upgrade, maintenance is hard until you start investing in the stuff that makes enjoying the tank easier. It seems a lot of reefers are always trying to improve there system which is great ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444273116.361722.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444273139.687137.jpg

Slight hair Algae outbreak currently. Fought off a large outbreak when the rock was leaching phosphates. Tank completely clean for awhile. CLean up crew died off and I recently started target feeding corals with some reef roids and might have gotten a little over board with it. Oh well, I'll just cut it back on feeding and do a water change or two. The routine water changes I credit with keeping things nice and on cruise control

This is what it first looked like when I set it up. As you can see the Kenya tree, Xenia, and yellow polyps were going to be a headache down the road. Still have Kenya branches on rock I'm trying to get off...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444323422.227981.jpg

Favorite cell pic is of my cleaner looking at his molt

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444323526.506391.jpg

Also below is the real original setup. A lot had been changed and moved over the year and a half

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444323580.564075.jpg

Back
Top Bottom