Anthias or Basslets for a 29 biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are either Anthias, or Basslets appropriate for a 29g biocube? I have a FireFish and a 6 Line Wrasse now, looking for my next livestock.I am also considering bleenies or another goby.
Or, considering a pair of clownfish.
Thanks!

I believe basslets are fine. Check liveaquaria.com or aquacon.com. you can find recommended tank sizes. Anthias are known to want to eat a lot and if you don't feed them a lot they will perish. I would say stay away from Anthias.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Instead of Basslets, I got a small pair of clown fish, they do not seem aggressive to my firefish, but it is hiding and only darting out for food; the firefish never did that before.
Thanks!

That's common in a small system. I have a 29 gallon with 2 small clowns, 1 chromis, 1 flame angel, and 1 firefish. The firefish only comes out for feeding time. None of the other fish mess with the firefish. The 2 clowns and 1 chromis nip each other sometimes and the flame angel swims all day and nips at the live rock.

I feel bad for the fire fish, since it was happily swimming in the open for weeks, until I put the clownfish in my tank.

Don't feel bad. If he is eating then he is happy.

Back
Top Bottom