Any Aussies About?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I have a question for all the Perth people here, and possibly other states!

Does anyone know of any LFS that sells seeded media? My cycle is killing me and I want to speed it up.

I'm from Newcastle :)

I don't know of any that do sell seeded media. You could try finding a locally owned LFS and making a strong relationship with them and ask if you could borrow a filter sponge or something for a few weeks. That, or hopefully someone else from Perth can offer you some

Good luck with it

In Brisbane and have 2 x 55 gal tanks. One with Malawi cichlids and one with fancy goldfish.

I usually buy my fish from Annerley Aquarium but have recently discovered Exotic Fish Connections at Rocklea. They have a great range, very helpful and LOVE to have a chat.

Richmond Subscape Aquarium is awesome.

Anyone in Melbourne know where I can get the electric green RAMs?

Thanks for your advice - they are good and I follow them on Facebook :)

Sorry, but not sure about the fish you are after - I stick to fancy goldfish. I hope you find the little guys you are after.

Thanks for your advice - they are good and I follow them on Facebook :)

Sorry, but not sure about the fish you are after - I stick to fancy goldfish. I hope you find the little guys you are after.

Have you been to St.Kilda Aquarium? Pretty good there too.

Yarra Ranges (Dandenongs) East of Melbourne. A 2 foot and a 4 foot tropical and a 3 foot cold water with goldfish. Sorry don't know how to quote! but Roz, Coburg aquarium, straight up Templestowe rd and Bell st excellent cold water collection. So does Passion for Pets on Templestowe rd Bulleen, halfway to Coburg from Eltham! But for tanks, advice, and tropical, Fantastic Fins in Lilydale. Been to lots in the last few weeks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yarra Ranges (Dandenongs) East of Melbourne. A 2 foot and a 4 foot tropical and a 3 foot cold water with goldfish. Sorry don't know how to quote! but Roz, Coburg aquarium, straight up Templestowe rd and Bell st excellent cold water collection. So does Passion for Pets on Templestowe rd Bulleen, halfway to Coburg from Eltham! But for tanks, advice, and tropical, Fantastic Fins in Lilydale. Been to lots in the last few weeks!!!

Hey Mattoid, quoting is as easy as selecting which comment you want, then you'll see at the bottom right "quote". Click on it to reply back to a specific comment. :)

Hey Mattoid, quoting is as easy as selecting which comment you want, then you'll see at the bottom right "quote". Click on it to reply back to a specific comment. :)

Thanks. I'm on a phone though. Just worked it out by accident and it's even easier! tap and select...ps do you actually have tandanus? They're one of my faves but I'm a bit nervous about keeping them in a four foot due to their potential size.

Thanks. I'm on a phone though. Just worked it out by accident and it's even easier! tap and select...ps do you actually have tandanus? They're one of my faves but I'm a bit nervous about keeping them in a four foot due to their potential size.

There ya go :) I wasn't sure if you were on a computer. I'm on my tablet so the same applies...just tap. I did have a Tandanus. Kept him in a 5 foot aquarium. He soon started to grow and became aggressive towards my cichlids. My friend has a 6 x 2.5 metre pond so that is where he now lives. After one year he has grown rapidly and doing well in the pond. Doesn't bother the goldfish. So you're right to be concerned. I don't think aquarium owners give enough information on these guys. They sell them at a relatively small size and most people are unaware of their potential adult size. Not to mention they are not what I would consider a peaceful aquarium inhabitant. They are cool though and at least I still get to see him. Makes me feel better knowing he's happier in a big pond :)

Sparkli nice to see another west aussie im from perth

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi all fellow Aussies.

Does anyone know a shop that sells nitrogen dry ferts online - preferably in Australia? Even in a mix. Potassium nitrate would be ideal but I'm assuming that will be hard to get here. I'm chasing up aqua green in NT to see what they have.

Back
Top Bottom