Any good writups on terracing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfink

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was considering building a terrace in the back of my 29. I know I don't want to silicone any barriers in place. I was thinking more along the lines of a small plastic container filled with substrate, and the front edges hidden by some small rocks or driftwood.

ANy other better ideas?

seen it done with plexiglass. you can use aquarium safe silicone to glue rock/gravel to the front face of the plexiglass to camoflage it.

i would create an L shaped piece, so that the weight pushing on the bottom keeps the vertical peice from being pushed around...essentially like the weight of books keeping a book end anchored so the book end keeps the books upright.

Couple good ones on AB: http://www.aquabotanic.com/dutchsecrets.htm

Malkore's bookend idea is brilliant to me. Would try it with the plastic sheet method in the terracing article above, to keep substrate from working under the bottom of the horizontal piece.

I'm planning to do the same thing. I was going to pick some rock out from the yard clean them and make a wall with them and silicone them together just as a precuation. Also what i think looks good is using wood to give a raised effect, If you plant the wood it looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom