Any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex33

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a 29 gal tank I'm running two 30 gal filters a whisper ex and a bio wheel. My water is 0 amonia no2 0 no3 o ph 7 and 78 degrees . I have two angels two dwarf gouramis 4 neon green tetras 6 neons and a moss ball. What other fish would go well with my tank ? Thank you for any advice

Attachments

• image-1306083294.jpg
    image-1306083294.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 79
Alex33 said:
I got a 29 gal tank I'm running two 30 gal filters a whisper ex and a bio wheel. My water is 0 amonia no2 0 no3 o ph 7 and 78 degrees . I have two angels two dwarf gouramis 4 neon green tetras 6 neons and a moss ball. What other fish would go well with my tank ? Thank you for any advice

Hi! Umm just thought I should let you know , that the angels will outgrow the tank. Do you know the sexes of the dwarf Gouramis ? They're probably males and 90% of the time males fight. Apart from that I would. Boost the green neons up to 6. The neons may be eaten by the angels when they're bigger. You could add german blue rams or some Cories .

Yeah they are males and are fine together , thanks

Alex33 said:
Yeah they are males and are fine together , thanks

Have they matured yet? If not then that could be why ey get along. You could rehome one and get the other one some females.

Two rams.

No offence but no they wont. Rams and angels are a type of cichlid that as they mature will eventually kill eachother in a small tank such as a 29 gal. If you were to swap the rams and the angels than your tank would be fully stocked and looking good.
But if you really like angels a 55+ is the way to go with them

I disagree. 29 gallons is a perfectly acceptable size for a pair of angels. If they are massive adult angels, that is probably all I would stock. I had some DD black superveils once that looked pretty big even for a 75 gallon, but it takes them years to get to that size. They were certainly the exception rather than the rule.

Also, angels and rams are a very common combination of fish and tend to coexist quite well in my experience. They occupy completely different strata in the tank, for the most part.

I agree with Marcie that 29g should be enough for 2 average sized adult angels. Just so you know, judging from the picture it looks like you have green dyed white skirt tetras. Very different from green neons, totally different species. ;)
You could do a small school of cories for the tank bottom if you would like to. They are fun little guys to watch. You could also do a trio of pitbull plecos.

Yeah they are not dyed new they will stay green like that for life!

Back
Top Bottom