Anyone ever made an aquarium bridge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

owen0992

Aquarium Advice Freak
Not just a little bridge decoration, I mean a water bridge that connects two aquariums. If you have can you post pictures and explain how you did it. The idea always sounded awesome to me ever since I saw one of those koi bubbles above the waters surface.

imo I don't think it would be that hard. It would be an exacting process though. You would have to decide how big the tunnel would be and then cut two holes in each of your tanks exactly in the same place on each tank. You would then have to draw out twoarches that would span the two tanks, make the top and bottom and silicone them. Once the silicone has cured, the fun part comes. Fitting the arches in each tank. If you have measured correctly, it would be a matter of siliconing them into the two tanks. Once everything is water tight, you should be able to fill one tank and as the water level rises, you might get a few air bubbles in the arch but they can be removed by forcing the water thru it. The main thing is if you two tanks you have are acrillic. If they are glass, now you have a totally new ball game.

You can also make them out of acrylic in an upside u shape. The ends just rests over top edges of the two tanks and bends under the water level. You then need to suck the air out of the bridge all the while maintaining a minimum water level in the tank because as the air is sucked out of the bridge a vacuum is created and water goes in to fill it. The key is to keep both ends under the water level or you get a big mess

Acrylic Tank Manufacturing did this for a real estate client of theirs. They had 3 tanks connected by "walkways" between the tanks for the fish to travel through. You can probably catch it on a rerun of "Tanked".

Back
Top Bottom