Anyone interested in discussing Rainbow fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are, at night mine will get about an inch out of the water, once in awhile they'll hit the lid, but thats rare.

Mine frequently jump. Most of the tank is covered. I worry about them getting hurt. They don't usually jump during the day

My turqouise rainbows are small. At night the swim at the top of the water line. It's kind of weird to watch. I can't figure out why they do this. The bigger fish and all the others are tucked away in the plants from the middle down.

I have become obsessed with rainbows. Absolutely gorgeous fish! I have two turquoise, three australian, one boesemani and one emerald. I rehomed most of the fish in my 30 gallon just to make it a rainbow tank.

Well I'll join in the fun currently have 3 Bosemani rainbows in a 55 2 male and a female just waiting for the LFS to get more in stock so I can get more of them in the tank goal now is to get 6 bosemani and 3 - 6 iranian reds,

I recently went to my LFS and happened to notice some rainbow fish in their display tank. I was hooked at that point. I've only got three so far, but there will be more for sure. I have a turquoise rainbow, a bosmani rainbow, and an orange rainbow. One of the employees at the LFS said that someone had taken down a tank and brought the orange rainbow to them, and that's the only reason they had it. That one's my favorite.

I just bought a thread fin the other day I hope my nlf pellets will be small enough for him to eat i bought the normal all purpose ones i think those pellets are 1 mm in size. Defiantly want this fish to be the dominant school of the tank, I have a 29 gallon

I was wondering how I could diversify my Threadfins diet. The fresh brine shrimp and blood worms they can't eat. I can't find micro worms and read something about algae. If the smaller pellets work for you I would be interested. My .5mm pellets are too big.

All I have are tropical fish flakes right now. What should I feed to my Australian Rainbowfish and Sailfin Pleco??? I thought I'd ask about the pleco to cuz he's the only other fish I've got.

I feed my Austrailian frozen brine shrimp, frozen blood worms, flake and pellet. The eat off the algae wafers I toss in for the Cories too.

Has anyone had a problem with their rainbows being overly aggressive towards tank mates?

Yes, I have. I had a Praecox that was so aggressive, I gave him away for free to my LFS. Needless to say he was one of the most colorful I had ever seen. The store was delighted, and I see him in their display tank every time I go in. If fish could talk, I am sure he would mock me.

Anyway, It is pretty normal for minor aggressiveness, especially during feeding time. If it is chasing fish until they die, that is another thing. You can try rearranging the tank, secluding him for a while, or moving him into another tank. If these dont work, and he is terrorizing your tank, you may look into other options (giving him away, etc).

What type of rainbow is it?

Back
Top Bottom