Anyone Know What My Loaches are Doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zimmanski

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I caught my loaches doing this weird playing, or fighting, or play fighting thing the other day and was wondering if anyone knew for sure what they were doing. It had been a couple hours since I fed them or did anything to the tank so I cant pin point what theyre up to. Heres a link to the video if the upload doesnt work, sorry theres some glare, i forgot to shut my blinds: Loaches going crazy - YouTube

Haha oops!! lol sorry.

They look like there being loaches lol. Mine do that ever now again but for the most part they hang together.

My 2 little (1") Albino Bristlenose Plecos did something like that once or twice. Wasn't sure if they were "fighting" or "playing". I stuck the net in the tank and separated them lol

Haha oops!! lol sorry.

They look like there being loaches lol. Mine do that ever now again but for the most part they hang together.

It's just interesting to me, these two are always together, but usually just foraging or "playing" but never to this degree. They never did it before and haven't done it since. I love them though, one always swims up to the other and then one of them will roll on its side in front of the other haha

My yo-yo's do that alot and all are about 4" now. For loaches it's pretty common behavior. Never have figured out if it's a dominance, mating, or intense play thing with them. But when I've seen it happen it's always only two doing it which makes me wonder what sex they are.

Back
Top Bottom