Anyone one have a build like this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm adding and addition on to my house that will have a basment. So I want to move everything from my FOWLR 75gal, to a 210gal tank FOWLR in the new addition. But I would like to have all the quipment in the basement.

I'm looking to locate it right under the tank in teh basement to minimize the plumbing. So what I 'm looking for is ideas on doing this. I guess I'll be using a wet/dry with an overflow in the tank. A skimmer, heaters, powerheads.

What I want to is miimize what's up in the room with the tanks. So is there a way not to use powerheads, but to use a pump kept in the basement to move the water. Any ideas at all. Pictures would be geat to.

Thanks

Sorry no pics, but it has been done many times before. The key is a strong pump the will get a good flow rate at 12-15 feet or whatever it ends up being. As for no ph in the tank look into a closed loop. which does not take up room in the tank. If going this route I would suggest extra large sump. Large tubs work well.

If possible look at positioning the sump is a room with floor drain/laundry room even if it means a bit more plumbing. The access to water will be more than worth the plumbing up front.

HTH,

Thanks, I'm looking to have a slop sink installed next to the bech that will house all the equipment. That way I can use the sink drain for when I do water changes.

What about a heater. Are inline heaters good? Should the heater be in the tank, or could it be in the basement in the sump?

Thanks

I know many place heaters in the sump even when it is in the basement. Just get the balance down as to what temp the heaters need to be to keep the main at the temp you want.

hc8719 said:
rdefino said:
But I would like to have all the quipment in the basement.
huh, i dont quite understand
were else would the equipment go?
he wants the tank to be on the main floor of the house and the sump, pumps, heaters, skimmer, etc to be in the basement. that way the noise, mess, etc is kept out of the house's living space.

~mike

Back
Top Bottom