Anyone tried a USB microscope for photography?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
water and glass distortion always play a big role in photographing out tanks. it may be hard to get the microscope to focus properly. i find a good SLR camera does the trick. u really only need to play around with the shutter speed. this helps get rid of the glare normally caused by the higher powered lights. of course there are a million other tricks as well. i would be interested to see how close up it can get to the corals though

i would be interested to see how close up it can get to the corals though

Thanks for your advice. I am concerned about spending so much money on a new camera. I have already spent a load on the saltwater system and corals. There are lots of videos on Youtube about USB digital microscopes that have both optical and digital zoom. Some are very impressive. Prices for these devices range from abou $40 to hundreds. The microscope may help me to post pictures to ID various worms and things in my tank. This weekend I noted an immensely small jellyfish; about the size of a pinhead that attaches on my glass. I would love to photo this sort of stuff as well. I have been feeding my tank ReefBugs by Marc Weiss Enterprises. My corals seem to love the stuff. I would like to photo the stuff after it is rehydrated to see if the organisms are realy alive as Mr. Weiss claims. I thought all this would be good for my 4 year-old daughter's education as well.

Back
Top Bottom