anyone with a AquaC Urchin .. ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukki

Aquarium Advice Regular
this prolly should be in the hardware forum but i was not sure..

i was thinking about using one in my sump, a AquaC Urchin in sump skimmer..

i put the baffles in already after getting my mag5 pump and getting the "footprint" dimensions from their webpage { for the aquac } .. but my question is, can anyone tell me the real dimensions of this.. i know the footprint is gonna be about the size, but does anything stick out far or...?

reason im asking is, i ran pvc pipe all up for my pump but i have not used cement on them yet because i didnt want to commit to it and learn there is gonia be a big outlet sticking out or something that might be in the way.. and then i might need to reposition a pipe or change something from facing left to right... and then be sorry :) {if this is making sense lol }

oh and, did you choose the maxi1200 or rio800 with it? { off their webpage they sell with either so ..wondering }

sincerely - a nub ~ kukki !

Is it the urchin pro? I have the urchin pro and that skimmer came with a pump. Mine was suppose to come with a RIO 1200 but the LFS upgraded the pump to a mag 3. The demensions they give are accurate on mine. AWESOME skimmers im very happy with mine! HTH

I also have the Urchin Pro. The dimensions are accurate, but do keep in mind that you need room to put that pump next to the skimmer as well. It's not a huge pump if you are using the MJ1200, but it will also take up some room.

tripper

I have an Urchin with MJ1200
I wasn't happy with it and now have the Coralife Super Skimmer 220...

now that skimmer rocks...the Urchin had a very wet skimmate and didn't do a very good job...now I put on the SS and it's pulling stuff out the Urchin never could

custman, Im very surprised everyone i have talked to has been very pleased with AquaC skimmers. Mine works awesome pulls out a full cup every couple days, of dry skimmate. Glad you found one you like though :)

If anyone wants my Aqua C it's less than 1 year old...send me $50 shipped

skimmers are like everything else...what works for you might not be right for me :D

lol. well i think im gonna try the aquac urchin out, not pro, not sure which pump id like to put it with, i guess maybe the maxi 1200..... which one is smaller dimesnsion wise would you say... lookin to save some space lol

Back
Top Bottom