Anything else I can safely put in this 29g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swifty

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plan on upgrading to a 29 gallon soon since I got rid of a female convict a few days ago (she hogged food and would occasionally harass my firemouth) and had some questions about another addition.

Currently there are 6 black skirt tetras and a bristle nosed pleco in there with my lone male 2" firemouth. I have 2 Aquaclear 50s running, and I do 50% water changes every week.

These are what I was thinking:

-silver lyretail molly (I read these don't get big, and the firemouth would eat the fry if I got a pair but I'd rather not get a pair; would a single be fine?)
-platinum angel (I seen a few people say they had firemouths with angelfish, but how would they be with the skirts in there? again, not a pair)
-diamond tetras (Compatible with skirts?)
-albino cory cats (Will they be ok with BNP in there? or will firemouth bug them?)

Any thoughts on those fish I listed, or anyone know of any other white/platinum/silver colored fish? I'm looking for one of that color to offset the tank a bit.

Yeah, I completely agree with Mitchafishaboo - you can really get whatever out of those ones! Personally i'd go for the Platinum Angels though. :)

Back
Top Bottom