anything I can do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntswift

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I went over to my friends to get my wrasse that he was keeping for me and when I got there I found it on the sand laying down breathing heavily. Yesterday I went over and it was swimming around all happy and looked excellent. I dont get it? I'm trying to slowly drip acclimate him to my tank hoping he will make it. I don't know if its my friends water quality or what caused it. Is there anything else that I can do to help it out? I have Vitamin-C that I add to my main tank but it has such a small dosage amount I dont want to dose it directly into where I'm acclimating it. Any suggestions? TIA!

Test the water sample that was in the bag if you have any water left. (this should be done IMO before starting the acclimation process as that will give you a good idea of how long it should take).

Other then that, was there something in the other tank that could have stressed it out? Chasing it with a net? Don't use additives, that will add to your problem. Also, you say you are acclimating him to your tank..a qtine tank or your main? If it is possibly ill, I sure wouldnt be putting it in the main tank.

Yeah I am acclimating my fish to my main tank because my friends tank was my qtine tank. The only other fish he has in there is a mandarin, and no other creatures. I will test his water tonight to see if there is anything wrong. It was laying in the sand breathing heavily when i went to get it so I just scooped it in the net, it didn't even let me chase it... What should I do with it if I can't put it in my main tank, I don't want to put it back in the qtine tank? Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom