API Calcium test kit...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry meant $40. The single test kits do 100 tests as opposed to 60. BRS sells thek for 30 plus ship. I buy them locally for 40.

API Calcium test kit may not be that accurate compared to others like Salifert but the difference is not that much. I use both but I use API most of the time just for a quick check. I figure that as long as the reading is on the upper side I really need not worry. Once in a while I use the Salifert just to verify. IMO any test kit would give a false reading when not following exactly what the written instruction says.

I was never able to get a real reading out of my api calcium test kit. I spent the extra money for a hanna checker after my frustrations with it and am much happier.

I used the API kits for a while and then recently upgraded to the red sea reef foundations kit. The API test kit was surprisingly close to the reading of the red sea kit and if you've used them both they are actually quite similar to each other in how the testing is done. If you are thinking of the red sea kit then get the entire reef foundations kit with mag, alk, and calc. I was able to pick mine up for $60

Back
Top Bottom