For Sale: Apisto Cacatuoides "Triple Red" Pairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have at least 5 (there could be more) sexed (male and female) pairs of Apisto cacatuoides "Triple Red". Note that they are sexed pairs, not breeding or mated pairs. It is likely that they will become breeding pairs, but I can't guarantee it. These are still pretty young (about 5 months old). The males are 1.5-1.75" long, while the females are a little bit smaller at 1-1.5" long. They're getting to the age when they start breeding. The pairs will be $20 each plus shipping costs. I will post some more pictures in another reply.

Shipping:
I will be shipping via Priority Mail (or Express if requested) in a styrofoam insulated box (with a heat pack, if need-be). Shipping costs vary by your location, so if you would like a shipping quote, please PM me. Priority Mail normally costs $6-10, while Express normally costs $15-25.

DOA Guarantee:
I guarantee that the fish will arrive alive as long as the package is not lost, delayed, damaged (or any other mishap that can happen with USPS, because things like that are out of my control). Priority Mail normally takes 2-3 days, while Express takes 1-2. If there is a DOA, I will refund the cost of the fish that didn't survive the trip (in this case, if one arrived dead but the other was fine, I would refund $10, or half of the cost of the pair). If all arrive dead, I will refund all of the costs for the fish. Note that I will not refund shipping costs. If there is a DOA, you must send a clear picture of the fish in the unopened bag within one hour of delivery. Letting the package sit outside in the cold or hot weather increases the risk of death, so that is why I require a picture within an hour. If you message me after one hour of delivery about a DOA, I will not refund. However, I might be willing to work out a deal, given the situation.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
Pictures:

Note that these are two of about 14 fish I am selling, so these may not be the exact ones you will receive. Also, they are stressed because I put them into a small container to take pictures. This caused them to lose a bit of color. When they aren't stressed and are happy, they look even more colorful and bright.

Male:

img_2698908_0_ea3b44bd4f1ea5c51819e14c6b9830cc.jpg

Female:

In this picture, the female is the one on top.

img_2698908_1_d7f839838f2880ae0f4be5857fc13979.jpg

img_2698908_2_28c97d4d1aaa724bbcb805ccaf1c1daa.jpg

Both female and male:

img_2698908_3_d2f16fba366b3aeefa067f7ba3bec789.jpg

Thanks,
Do you know if they can co-exist with Red Cherry Shrimp? Or they will eat the shrimp?

Considering the male will grow to about 3 inches, I am confident that they'd eat RCS (maybe not adults, but babies for sure). You could probably get away with it if you have plenty of hiding places for the shrimp (such as clumps of moss).

I love dwarf cichlids but I've never kept apistos. How are they aggression wise?

I'd say they're about as aggressive as rams when breeding. I have a breeding pair of apisto panduro in my 40 breeder and they aren't too bad. They are normally very peaceful, except when breeding. When breeding, if a fish gets too close to the eggs they will chase it off.

I would love a pair or two also ? :) would they be compatible with a pair of 1 inch blood parrots ?

2 pairs are sold. I have 3 more available, and I may have even more soon.

I would love a pair if any are left! They look awesome! Never seen them before

Back
Top Bottom