App feedback?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure!

We can always take constructive feedback - unfortunately, we do not have a ton of control over the app, as it is developed by a 3rd party for Aquarium Advice - but we can pass on feedback if necessary.

I have some feed back some time the profiles play up and freeze and its always coming up error report error

The biggest item is that in landscape on my ipad the right 1/3 of the screen does not recognize a touch to the screen so it won't scroll or open a thread.

In portrait mode, seems to work ok but then the button to add a new thread or reply will open half off the screen.

So far that's the big ones. But does get slow to open a a thread on occasion.

Last night after my phone updated the app it wouldn't work. It would just come up to the blue AA screen then go all white and close back to the main phone screen. I did a little research last night and found a developer page for it. On there I seen I had to reinstall the app. You may want to try and find that page to notify them there of your problems imo

Last night after my phone updated the app it wouldn't work. It would just come up to the blue AA screen then go all white and close back to the main phone screen. I did a little research last night and found a developer page for it. On there I seen I had to reinstall the app. You may want to try and find that page to notify them there of your problems imo

I had the same issue, ended up reinstalling and it worked.

I had to delete and reinstall mine three times. First time was because it continued to crash upon opening the app, second time was because it was going all caliwhompus and viewing the freshwater threads on the menu screen
ForumRunner_20121205_031148.jpg

And third time was because it continued to crash all of the time. But I guess this time was the charm because I'm having no issues..... So far....

Android guy here.

Enough updates, every time I have to uninstall and reinstall. Has happened three times in 2 weeks. Nit a big deal, just annoying. Also, can we get "CHAT" on the app. That'd be convenient. I can do it on Facebookvwith my phone, I see no reason not to be able to on here.

Also, can we get "CHAT" on the app. That'd be convenient. I can do it on Facebookvwith my phone, I see no reason not to be able to on here.

At this point as far as I know chat is not available due to the fact that most devices do not support Java. It would be awesome but until Android updates their software there is nothing that the AA administration can do.

working for a mobile app company, i can say that chat is a pain to deal with. though it can be done.
my main issues with the app are basic quality controls, i.e. not working on the latest iOS or Android OS. crashes, etc

I've had to uninstall / reinstall the app about 3 or 4 times due to constant crashes since the last update. I will say it is getting rather annoying.

The chat would be nice but i'm not going to hold my breath that it will happen.

skywhitney said:
I've had to uninstall / reinstall the app about 3 or 4 times due to constant crashes since the last update. I will say it is getting rather annoying.

The chat would be nice but i'm not going to hold my breath that it will happen.
I have an iPhone and ive had it completely lock up on me as well, I've installed and re-installed
Many times for that reason. I would also love a chat feature. That would be really cool and handy for those who need immediate answers and may even have a specific person they want to ask.

I think it'd be nice if I could read people's profiles on the Android App. Ie. What fish they have, tanks, plants, experience.

I would love to be able to make polls with the App, not just view them, I'm ANDROID by the way.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the app is intended for bare bones surfing and there are many site features that just aren't supportable. :)

about the "chat" feature being requested:

couldn't AA switch to an IRC chat, and on the website use a pop-up window IRC client?

then mobile uses could get instructions on what IRC client app they could use (i am only assuming there are IRC client apps out there, i don't use apps myself)

Back
Top Bottom