apple snail care?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatachimog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,
I just got my first snail and am curious to what normal behavior patterns to expect. I believe he is an apple snail, but the store had him labeled as a turbo snail. the shell swirls up towards the sky not sideways and he looks pretty big with antennae and red iris surrounding a white center. The shell is sort of like a butterscotch color. I haven't seen much activity since I brought him home, but as far as I have read thus far, these are a nocturnal species. Any insight as always is greatly appreciated! hope everyone is having a great weekend!:thanks:

I have two mystery snails and they were both really inactive active for the first few days. After that they came out all the time and are cruising the tank all throughout day. They're really fun to watch and grow quickly. You want to make sure to have algae wafers for food (works best to break them up into small pieces to keep from wasting the extra). Also, both of mine like spinach from time to time and love broccoli. It's not uncommon for them to stay closed in there shells for a long period from time to time and shouldn't cause concern. Enjoy!

Hey everyone,
I just got my first snail and am curious to what normal behavior patterns to expect. I believe he is an apple snail, but the store had him labeled as a turbo snail. the shell swirls up towards the sky not sideways and he looks pretty big with antennae and red iris surrounding a white center. The shell is sort of like a butterscotch color. I haven't seen much activity since I brought him home, but as far as I have read thus far, these are a nocturnal species. Any insight as always is greatly appreciated! hope everyone is having a great weekend!:thanks:

Please post a picture of your snail. If it is indeed an apple snail, I used to raise some nice ones so I can give you tips. Let's see it though. Pic plz.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom