Apple Snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a twenty nine gallon with:

6 zebra danios
6 male guppies
3 peppered cories

I am going to be adding:
1 bn pleco
3 panda cories
1 female Betta

So, my question is, can I add an apple snail? I really like the apple snails and have one in another tank. I know they produce a lot of waste for a snail, so would I be able to add one here?

carey said:
I wish I knew Betta, I'd like to know too. I kinda like snails LOL

The snails are amazing. The one I have in another tank literally has a personality. I'm serious. That is why I need to know if I can have one here!!!!

The snails are amazing. The one I have in another tank literally has a personality. I'm serious. That is why I need to know if I can have one here!!!!

I don't see why not, I have a nerite snail with my Betta and they're just fine together. Apple snails do have a high bioload and would be the only thing you might want to consider (stocking, filtration, etc.) that might be an issue IMO.

carey said:
Do apple snails really poop that much? They aren't very big....lol

They're about the goldfish equivalent of snails I'd say. I see strings from my apple snail all the time. Okay, I'll get one then. I don't see the harm, my filter is fine. It keeps my water clean, as it should. ;)

I had one that grew almost twice it's size in a month. It was huge. I've heard they grow faster if you feed them algae wafers at night.

I think u could have a few even if u wanted. I have 3 in my 29 w/o a problem :)

Back
Top Bottom