AqAdvisor Stocking Calculator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How accurate do you think AqAdvisor is?

• Total voters

adadkins1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know many people use it to stock their tanks, but exactly how accurate do you think it is. It does seem to take into consideration things such as ensuring you have the proper number for schooling fish, aggression problems, etc. The reason I am asking is because it says that stocking a 10 gallon with 7 glowlight tetras and 3 platys is at 88% tank capacity. Just have been playing with it and was wondering what y'all thought of it.

Well put, just been playing around with some options for my tank and wanted to see what others thought.

Don't get me wrong... it can give you a good starting point. But never take it for its final word. There are far too many factors that this tool/toy cannot factor in. Not to mention, what works for me may not work for you... that's always a good thing to know.

I think it is especially innacurate for smaller tanks. For instance it should be pointing out platties are too large and create too much waste for a 10 gal.

Not very accurate IMO. Stocking just can't be quantified in the manner that AqAdvisor attempts to do.

Tends to err heavily on the side of caution when it comes to size and behavior which is good for newbies but annoying for others.

I wouldn't use it to figure out how many fish I can fit in a tank, but I love the tool where it tells me the compatibilities between the fish and their temperature ranges, PH levels, hardness, etc...

Back
Top Bottom